Translate

Sunday, August 14, 2011

CONFERENCE AT MANZANILLO




Tue, Aug 9, 2011

The second conference of the week took place in Manzanillo, about 70 kilometres to the west of Bayamo. We left at 7:30 in the morning and arrived at 8:45. As in Bayamo, the organizers delayed the start of the conference about 45 minutes to allow those attending time to arrive.


The focus of the sessions was on the importance of seeking God in ministry and not depending on our human wisdom and experience. I spoke for the first hour and then took a break. When we returned to the room five minutes later, the pastors and missionaries were on knees praying for forgiveness for not seeking God as they should in their ministries.


The meetings ended with pastors coming forward to share how the Lord had used the morning to strengthen and encourage them.


At the end of the morning conference I spoke through my translator to the pastor of the church. He gave me his address and the addresses of four other Christian workers he felt could benefit from my books. I will add these names to my Spanish mailing list and send them books as they become available. It is encouraging to know that I can continue to minister to these individuals in this way even when I leave the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment